Electrical Machinery (EGR 151)
Wednesdays 6pm-9pm Jan 22 – May 6
3 college credits
This is the first course in our Offshore Wind Tech Certificate Program
Open to general public as well as Wind Tech cohort
This course studies the principles of AC and DC circuits including electromagnetic induction and power factor, AC motor principles including inductive and synchronous type machines and DC series, shunt, and compound wound devices. Motor starting and speed control are also covered from an operational point of view. Pre-requisite: Intermediate Algebra competency or concurrent enrollment in MTH 152 (below). Three class hours per week. This is a 3-credit engineering course offered on Martha’s Vineyard in partnership with Bristol Community College.
1. Demonstrate the fundamentals of simple AC&DC circuit analysis and troubleshooting.
2. Apply system analysis in industrial applications.
3. Explain the function and use of various industrial transformers, voltage regulators, switches, resistors, capacitors, inductors and AC & DC motors.
4. Demonstrate safe electrical practices, such as lock out tag out, per OSHA and Industrial standards.
Instructor: Dana Munn
14 Wednesdays, Jan 22-May 6, 6-9pm
Full price: $655 | Your price with our exclusive 50% pilot discount: $327.50
How to Register:
- Contact Carlos Avila at Bristol Community College 774-357-3219
- Call us at 508-693-9222 or click the button below to pay with a credit card, OR contact us to arrange a time to come by the office and drop off a check. (Checks are strongly preferred, as we are charged substantial credit card fees.)
- Payment is due by January 21.