A live, online 4-week course
Mondays, May 3-May 24, 6-7pm
Duration: 4 weeks
Total Hours: 4
Dates: May 3-May 24, 2021
Location: Online via Zoom
Instructor: Howard Loewinger
Requirements: Basic computer knowledge, up-to-date Microsoft Office software, reliable internet connection. Please refer to our Software Requirements page for more information.
This class is for:
• People with little to no experience with Microsoft Office on a PC.
• People who have not used Microsoft Office in years and want a features update and/or refresher.
• Job seekers who wish to add Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency to their resumes.
Please note: Microsoft Office (-Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is not the same as Microsoft Windows. Windows is an operating system, and Office is a productivity software that works on any operating system (Windows or OS). If you need help with Microsoft Windows and the general use of a computer, please contact your local library, they often have free basic computer classes.
Is your lack of software proficiency holding you back? Learn how to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
In this class, you will learn:
- Microsoft Word – toolbar setup, opening and saving/saving as, formatting, printing, using templates
- Microsoft Excel – toolbars, workbooks, sheet tabs, formatting cells, an introduction to the basic & most used formulas, charts, printing, using templates
- Microsoft PowerPoint – slide creation, layout, inserting, animation and transitions, sound, previewing, printing, choosing themes and using templates
- An overview of social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn
- Short-cut keys, tips and tricks, security, backing up, and email basics
About the instructor