5 Week course, Mar 4-Apr 1
Duration: 5 weeks
Total Hours: 7.5
Dates: Mar 4, 11, 18, 25; Apr 1
Location: Martha’s Vineyard Regional High School, Oak Bluffs
This class is for:
• People with little to no experience with Microsoft Office on a PC.
• People who have not used Microsoft Office in years and want a features update and/or refresher.
• Job seekers who wish to add Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency to their resumes.
Is your lack of software proficiency holding you back? Learn how to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
In this class, you will learn:
- Microsoft Word – toolbar setup, opening and saving/saving as, formatting, printing, using templates
- Microsoft Excel – toolbars, workbooks, sheet tabs, formatting cells, an introduction to the basic & most used formulas, charts, printing, using templates
- Microsoft PowerPoint – slide creation, layout, inserting, animation and transitions, sound, previewing, printing, choosing themes and using templates
- An overview of social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn
- Short-cut keys, tips and tricks, security, backing up, and email basics
About the instructor
Erika Berg is a computer specialist who has taught classes for ACE MV for many years. A proud former “coastie” in the U.S. Coast Guard, she is now an emergency dispatcher for the Dukes County Sheriff’s Office Regional Emergency Communication Center.