Interested in a certificate or degree in Early Childhood Education? Check out this online program from Cape Cod Community College offered to Martha’s Vineyard residents. Summer classes start June 7! Click the image below for more information, or contact Deb Maher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508.367.5792.Read more >
Posted: April 18, 2021
If you missed our panels on older adult employment, we’ve compiled video of both events here.
Who should watch:
- Older adults (50+) who are seeking employment (either currently employed or want to be)
- Organizations who serve older adults (who want to be informed as to these resources)
- Island employers
April 7 Panel:
Resources to Support Older Adult Employment
Getting older adults back into the workforce or improving their employment situation post-COVID is on the radar screen of our national, state and local governments. Come hear about what resources are available to make this a reality.
• Overview of older adult employment on the island (HAMV from Older Adult Survey Results)
• Senior Community Service Employment Program
• Mass Association of Councils on Aging – 50+ Job Seekers program
• Vocational Services for the Disabled (Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission)
April 14 Panel:
An Island Employment Overview and Upskilling Options
Learn about the “sweet spot” – what our island employers want and need… and how to upskill yourself to find the right position.
• Employment outlook for the island and what employers want and need (Chamber of Commerce)
• An introduction to ACE MV and an overview of curriculum for job seekers (ACE MV)
• Volunteerism as a pathway to employment (Americorps Senior RSVP)
• MassHire Career Centers – Jobseeker Services
Have questions about this event or want more information? Feel free to reach out to us.Read more >
March 9, 2021
Starting tonight at 5:30pm: Quickbooks Desktop Essentials for Beginners! This class is for you if you’ve been tasked with bookkeeping for a small business, if you’re a small business owner, or if you are simply looking to brush up on your Quickbooks skills. It’s only $129 for four weeks of quality live online instruction, and because it’s virtual, it’s open to anyone, anywhere. Hurry, registration closes at 5!Read more >