A 4-week live online course
Duration: 4 weeks
Total Hours: 6
Dates: May 5-Jun 2, 2021
Location: Online via Zoom
Now updated for working at home! Includes using business communication techniques to hold online meetings, address new audiences, and find success in the new work environment.
Business Communication is a practical course that addresses the nuances between internal and external communication. The course will cover the most commonly needed types of business communication, both written forms and presentations. Each class will incorporate learning points about the specific type of communication being introduced as well as individual practice and coaching. The final class will be an opportunity to deliver the relevant communication components in an atmosphere focused on success.
- Business Communication: the winning formula
- Audience -> Intent + Task -> Message
- Supporting your message to convince your audience: details, statistics, authoritative quotations, and personal experience
- Written communication: emails, texts, memos, letters, and business reports
- New: Using business communication techniques to hold online meetings, address new audiences, and find success in the new work environment.
- Introduction to presentations and using visual information
- Presentation delivery and evaluating professional presentations
- Putting it all together through individual, short presentations with supporting documents.
About the instructor
Prof. Aline Wolff, PhD focuses both on the academic and the practical side of management, and has coached numerous start-ups and entrepreneurs. She has taught for more than 20 years at the NYU Stern School of Business, and has worked and consulted for organizations as varied as Goldman Sachs, IBM and Training/Vision Inc (Singapore).