Martha’s Vineyard experts and educators: is there a class you’ve always thought you could teach to adult learners? Are you the go-to guru in your field and need a face-to-face platform to share what you’ve learned with your peers?
ACE MV is expanding its teacher pool and is looking for instructors of practical and career skill training.
New for Summer 2020: We’re opening the search to enrichment courses of all kinds, in the form of a one-day workshop or a 6-week intensive training. If you can teach it online, we’d like to hear your pitch!
Practical and career skill training:
- Administrative workplace skills
- Job acquisition skills (resume writing, interviewing)
- Entrepreneurial/small business skills (management, marketing, social marketing, accounting)
- Trade skills (plumbing, electrical, engineering, construction, contractor CEUs, auto repair, etc.)
- “Soft” skills or “human” skills for the workplace (public speaking, leadership, conflict resolution)
- Software skills: GSuite, Excel, Quickbooks, WordPress, basic computer skills
- Brazilian Portuguese for islanders who work alongside and/or serve the Brazilian community
- Healthcare (Medical Terminology, Pharmacology, Gerontology, etc.)
- Hospitality and Tourism (restaurant management, hotel management, customer service)
- DIY (Gardening, Home Improvement, etc.)
- Island living
If you have a skill you’d like to share, please fill out this form today!
- Some teachers choose to support ACE MV by donating their time. Otherwise, teachers are paid hourly for direct class time. Hourly rate dependent on class type.
- Teachers are paid as independent contractors and may receive a 1099-MISC at end of calendar year.
- Teachers must furnish a completed W9 form and submit to a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) background check with Martha’s Vineyard Public Schools BEFORE teaching any classes.
- Teachers must read and agree to our policy and procedures manual and attend at least one ACE MV teacher orientation per academic year.
- Teachers who wish to teach with in-person visual presentations agree to schedule an audio/video test in their classroom at least 2 weeks before class begins.
- Added May 2020: All classes through September are being taught online. Online teaching tools (Zoom, Google Classroom et al) are easy to learn and our team is here to help.